Monday, March 23, 2009

Reagan Library pics

A wee bit of self-indulgence here. I visited the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley last weekend. A 'religious experience' doesn't even begin to cover it.

The landscape near the library. The site was chosen because it was near the Reagans' Rancho del Cielo. I can see why they liked it up here.

A piece of the Berlin Wall on display. Today the wall imprisons 0 people. (This is not an accident.)

Another shot of the scenery near the library. I never thought I'd see anything that rivaled Colorado, but some of southern California certainly does.

Ronnie's and Nancy's saddles. Ronnie's is the one on the left.

Mr. Reagan was given more than 350 belt buckles while he was president. These are some of them.

The burial site. I got goosebumps

No comments: