Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A public service announcement

Hello, readers.

I know I owe you all an apology for my lack of writing lately. I hope you know I appreciate your readership.

I was a bit busy with a toast for my cousin's wedding, and with writing a personal statement to attach to my law school applications. Those are my two other recent posts ... not something that interests most people, probably, but they were both very painful for me to write so I put them up anyway.

Anyhow, I promise (and I mean it this time) to have more good (or at least better) stuff for you this week. First, my evaluation of the Bush Years will come this week. After that, I'll have a few words for the upcoming Obama years.

Before that, however, I would like to give out a shout for This Day in History. Two significant items:

1. Jan. 14, 1784: The United States and England ratified a peace treaty, officially ending the American Revolutionary War.

2. Jan. 14, 2008: Bobby Jindal was sworn into office as governor of Louisiana. In the coming weeks, I swiftly developed a deep (almost unhealthy) man-crush on Jindal. It is because of him that I maintain hope that we can right the ship of the American government.

And tomorrow the world ...

Thanks again for your patience.

No comments: